Therapeutic Massage Therapy
Today, the benefits of massage are varied and far-reaching. As an accepted part of many physical rehabilitation programs, massage therapy has also proven beneficial for many chronic conditions, including low back pain, arthritis, bursitis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, immunity suppression, infertility, depression and more.
And, as many millions will attest, massage also helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living that can lead to disease and illness.
Research continues to show the enormous benefits of therapeutic touch-which ranges from treating chronic ailments, neurological disorders and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles.
Even the medical community has begun to embrace bodywork and massage as an integral part of hospice and neonatal intensive care units. Many hospitals are also incorporating on-site massage practitioners and even spas to treat post-surgery or pain patients as part of the recovery process.
Just some of the benefits of therapeutic massage include:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping.
- Combat work-related stress.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymphatic flow.
- Relieve migraine headaches.
- Stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes recover from strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Release endorphins that act as the body’s natural painkiller.
Dr. Hirsa has certified massage therapists on his team, who work in conjunction with chiropractic care, based on a patient’s treatment plan. For soft tissue massage, you may also wish to read about Myofascial Release & Trigger Point Therapy.
In addition to our trained staff, Chirowithin Reach also offers the Aqua Thermassage, a heated, dry hydro therapy unit containing 5 rotating hydro jets strategically placed from the cervical spine to the sacrum.
The patient lies clothed and dry, upon a water filled, full-body length tank covered by a vinyl barrier. Pressurized water is pumped to the 5 jets, producing a vigorous, rotating hydro- massage.
This combination of flotation, heat and massage induce a state of total relaxation that has to be experienced to believe.
A 10 to 15 minute session on our table reduces muscle spasm and helps lower stress levels, making the Aqua Thermassage perfect for pre-chiropractic treatment use.
To schedule your Therapeutic Massage or Aqua Thermassage, please call us at 408-370-6300 or submit a request using the form on our Contact Us page.